Niagara Falls which is one of the world’s great wonders is easily accessible from Toronto. It is one of the favourite getaways for many people. Niagara region has many locations which are worth visiting. Whether it is a one-day trip or a long trip, Niagara has many things to offer. Canadians don’t need any reason to visit Niagara. They visit it just like they visit a resort or a casino or any getaway for that matter. They may even visit Niagara just to check the falls!
Location of Niagara Falls:
Niagara Falls is located 80 miles (130 km) southwest of Toronto making it a hot spot for the locals.It attracts visitors from all over the world, all through the year. The falls are located on the Niagara river. The falls is collectively referred to three water falls which form a beautiful natural combination and eventually draining Lake Erie into Lake Ontario.
How to get to Niagara Falls?
There are many options available for you from Toronto to reach Niagara Falls. There are private tour operators who offer special packages, guided tours, group packages etc. Additionally, you can also try any of the following options:
1. Daily Bus and Train Tours from ‘Go Transit’ which is Greater Toronto Area’s commuter Bus and Rail service. ‘Go Trains’ use the Niagara Falls Train Station which is situated on 4267 Bridge Street where as the Buses use the ‘Niagara Falls Bus Terminal situated on 4555 Erie Ave. There is no advance seat booking. You need to carry your own food because no food and drinks are sold on board the ‘GO’ Trains. Washrooms are available in the Trains and not in the Buses.
2. You can also avail of the Summer trips from ‘Go Transit’. Train trip details are listed on the ‘Go Transit’s website.
3. Car Drive:Cars are available on rent and you may drive yourself if you wish. Downtown Toronto has many car rental providers. You can contact any of them. It is that simple. Rental rates vary from $40 to $60 for a day-drive.
4. You can use ‘VIA RAIL’ which is Canada’s national passenger rail service. Two trains run daily from Toronto to Niagara Falls.
5. There are more than 25 buses from ‘Coach Canada’ and ‘Greyhound’ which ply every day.
6. There is shuttle bus facility from ‘Pearson Airport’.
Other Options from Toronto to Niagara Falls tour:
Private tours: They provide you customized tour options based on your requirements.They engage well mannered, local, expert drivers to give you a highly professional and pleasurable sightseeing experience. They have 24 and 14 seater Buses, 9-seater vans, exclusive luxury and comfortable private car, minibus etc.
Private tour packages offer many flexible advantages like you can start the tour on any convenient day, you can decide the tour length, you can decide on the hotels, you can plan specific sightseeing spots, you can travel at your own pace, special assistance to elderly or disabled people or small children.